To change your name, you need to swear a Deed Poll through the following steps:

• Find a lawyer to draft a Deed Poll stating the changes you are making to your name, sign it and swear an Affidavit in support of it.

• Have the Deed Poll registered with the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB).

• Publish the change of name in the Uganda Gazette at Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC) upon payment of a fee (UGX 300,000/=). The Kampala Office is located at Plot 6 Kimathi Avenue, Airways House, Ground Floor.

• Within 7 days of publication of the notice, you can then apply to the Registrar of births and deaths in the district in which your birth was registered; and pay the necessary fees.

• Upon being satisfied that the requirements have been met, the Registrar shall amend the register accordingly, sign and date the amendment.

To change your name, you need to swear a Deed Poll through the following steps: - Find a lawyer to draft a Deed Poll stating the changes you are making to your name, sign it and swear an Affidavit in support of it. - Have the Deed Poll registered with the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB). - Publish the change of name in the Uganda Gazette at Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC) upon payment of a fee (UGX 300,000/=). The Kampala Office is located at Plot 6 Kimathi Avenue, Airways House, Ground Floor. - Within 7 days of publication of the notice, you can then apply to the Registrar of births and deaths in the district in which your birth was registered; and pay the necessary fees. - Upon being satisfied that the requirements have been met, the Registrar shall amend the register accordingly, sign and date the amendment.

Can I be recommended to a good lawyer who will help me with that.

Can I be recommended to a good lawyer who will help me with that.

Is it a must to publish a deed poll or you can just go on with it though not published

Is it a must to publish a deed poll or you can just go on with it though not published

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft